At Wand Lee Wombacher, LLC we pride ourselves in successfully representing clients in many different practices areas. Collectively, the attorneys at Wand Lee Wombacher have tried over 150 jury trials, including misdemeanors, felonies, and civil plaintiff and defendant matters.
- Not guilty jury verdict in a criminal sexual assault matter, where the defendant was facing a mandatory minimum sentence of 4 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- Not guilty jury verdict on behalf of a truck driver who was accused of operating an overweight truck. The not guilty verdict resulted in a refund of over $9,000 in bond money to the driver’s employer.
- Not guilty jury verdict on behalf of a young man charged with residential burglary. A guilty verdict would have required a mandatory minimum sentence of 4 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.>
- Not guilty jury verdict on behalf of a babysitter charged with aggravated battery of an infant, despite the State introducing evidence of an alleged confession. If the defendant were found guilty, she would have faced a mandatory minimum sentence of 6 years in the Illinois Department of Corrections.
- Not guilty jury verdict on behalf of two individuals accused of aggravated battery of a police officer following an incident at a public festival.
- Not guilty by reason of insanity, following a bench trial, on behalf of a man charged with first degree murder.
- Not guilty verdict following a bench trial in a driving under the influence case where the defendant was facing a mandatory term of incarceration in the Illinois Department of Corrections if he were found guilty.
- Obtained a directed finding of not guilty, on behalf of a nurse charged with aggravated battery of a handicapped child.
Personal Injury and Worker’s Compensation Settlements:
- $1,200,000 settlement on behalf of the family of a 39-year-old woman who was killed in an automobile accident in Lake County, Illinois.
- $1,265,000 settlement on behalf of a motorcyclist that received multiple fractures in an automobile / motorcycle collision.
- $160,000 workers compensation settlement on behalf of a sixty-year-old deliveryman who required a full shoulder replacement.
- $230,000 wrongful death settlement for the family of 24-year-old deceased motorcycle driver struck by a pickup truck.
- Nearly $100,000 personal injury settlement for 40-year-old woman who slipped and fell on ice in front of a strip mall, suffering three bone fractures in the ankle and lower leg.
Personal Injury and Worker’s Compensation Trial Results:
- $70,000 uninsured motorist arbitration award for a 40-year-old man who was rear-ended and suffered bulging disks in his lower back.
- Over $75,000 jury verdict on behalf of a pedestrian who was intentionally struck by a vehicle, and suffered a fractured leg.
- $118,000 worker’s compensation award on behalf of an employee who slipped and fell on ice while exiting his company truck and fractured a vertebra. The insurance company was ordered to authorize and pay for the costs of surgery following a 19(b) hearing.
- $191,250 jury verdict in favor of plaintiff who suffered a non-surgical herniated disc following an automobile accident.
- Over 20 not guilty verdicts obtained in professional negligence matters including both alleged medical and legal malpractice.
- Received a judgment of over $200,000 in favor of wife due to husband’s dissipation of the marital estate.
- Order entered granting reduction in child support, by approximately $1,700 per month, due to a decline in income.
- Father granted residential custody of child in post decree matter.
- Order entered establishing a 503(g) Trust for the benefit of the parties’ minor child, after father was imprisoned for conduct unrelated to the marriage. The funds will be used to pay child support and one-half of the uncovered medical and dental expenses incurred on behalf of the child.